prefer sth to sth
prefer doing sth to doing sth
prefer to do sth rather than do sth
1) I prefer rice to noodles.
2)I prefer watching TV to listening to music.
3) He preferred to die rather than surrender.
would / had rather / sooner do something than do something, would / had as soon do something as do something (宁可……也不……)
1) Liu Hulan said she had rather die than give up.
2) I would as soon stay at home as go.
要强调句子的某一部分，可以把句子的结构改变一下，通常有两种表示强调的句式：It is / was … that …结构和What … is / was…结构。
一、It is / was … that … 结构
1.It is / was … that … 结构可以用来强调句子中几乎任何部分
例1：It was my mother that threw an egg at Mr. Li yesterday.
例2：It was Mr. Li that my mother threw an egg at yesterday.
1）It was the dean who walked by.
2）It was Mary whom the old lady missed most.
例如：It was an egg that my mother threw at Mr. Li yesterday.
例1：It is during his spare time that John has been studying a course in French.
例2：It was in the hall that the mayor held the press conference.
5.不能用It is / was … that 结构强调动词
1) They did study very hard yesterday.
2) He does look forward to making the acquaintance of her.
What … is / was … 结构
二、What … is / was … 结构常用来强调主语或宾语，在这种结构中，is/ was后面是强调的部分。例如：
1）What hurts is my left leg.
2）What I like is her style.
关于我们 | 联系我们 | 宁波美联英语